This is the third visit of Modi to Nepal in 4 years. This is counter visit of Nepal's PM KP Oli visit of India. Majority of people of watching this visit very closely because Oli become popular due to the strong stand against the official blockade in Nepal by India. The wound given by India is bitter experience for every Nepali which never delete from their mind. But beside of this fact one side Nepal government widely welcomed Indian PM Narendra modi. This might be the clear sign that Nepal and India want to hold their relation each-other. So this visit is mainly aimed at healing old wounds while building trust each-other.
PM Narendra Modi announcement.
- PM Narendra Modi on Friday abbiybced Rs. 100 crore package to develop Janakpur. while speaking Nepali, Maithili and Hindi language.
- Modi and Oli jointly inaugurated a direct bus services from Janakpur to Ayodhya and vice versa. and assured that he was happy to link janakpur with Ramayan Circuit.
- Modi announced that India will build a railway link from Raxaul to Kathmandu which makes easy to travel and transport goods from Nepal and India.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepali Prime minister Khada Prasad Oli jointly inaugurate the project of the largest hydro-power project 900 MW Aurun III. They assured the project will be completed within 5 years which cost nearly Rs. 6,00,00,000. .
- Both PM discuss on boosting waterways transport too which has transshipment point as Kalughat, Bihar.
How Nepal government welcome Indian PM Modi??
- Mayor of Janakpur Sub-metropolitan City Lal Kishro Shah read out felicitation letter in honor of Modi.
- He also handed over the symbolic key of Janakpur to Modi and gifted the picture of Janaki Temple as a token of love to him.
- Chief Minister of Province No. 2 Lal Babu Raut offered a huge garland weighing 121 kg to Modi on the occasion.
- PM Modi came Janakpur to Kathmandu afternoon in and Indian Airlines airplane at 10:40 am today where Minister of foreigh Affiars Pradeep Gyawali welcomed him at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Modi hold one-on-one meeting with Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli at Battisputali-based Hotel Dwarika.
- Modi received a guard of honour at the Army Pavilion in Tundikhel.
- He held a meeting with Vice-President Nanda Bahadur Pun at Bahadur Bhawan.
- Modi has reached Sheetal Niwas to meet President Bidya Devi Bhandari
- Modi pryed at the Pashupatinath temple
- Modi is expected to hold several political meetings with leaders from various parties.