What is blood pressure count?
The blood pressure count is nothing but the number you observed. This is only one way to know the situation of your blood pressure on your body. By measuring the blood pressure you have, you can care and control your BP further . BP is recorded as two numbers.
Systolic BP(the upper reading): it represents how the pressure of your blood exerting against your artery walls when the heart beats.
Diastolic BP(the lower reading): it represents the pressure of your blood is exerting against your artery walls while the heart is resting b/w beats.
Why Systolic blood pressure give more importance?
It is because the major risk factor for cardiovascular disease for people over 50. Most of the cases, the systolic BP automatically rise with the age due to increasing spiffiness of large arteries, long-term build up of plaque and increased incidence of cardiac and vascular disease. However both systolic and diastolic BP reading taken place for diagnose bout any one of them would be the cause of BP.
Blood pressure ranges.
- Normal: Systolic (<120) and Diastolic (<80). Congratulation! You have normal BP, keep your good habit and fallow the balanced diet with regular exercise.
- Prehypertension (beginning stage of your BP):systolic (120-139)and Diastolic (80-89)Hay! You guys are getting at the beginning stage of High step of BP. You might face hypertension or high blood pressure unless you follow the steps to control your BP soon.
- Hypertension stage 1: Systolic(140-159) and Diastolic(90-99)This stage is hypertension stage 1, now you must visit doctor once. Doctors may prescribe combination of blood pressure medication along with lifestyle changes.
- Hypertension stage 2: Systolic (160-180) and Diastolic (100-110) This is the second chance to protect you with blood pressure. Visit the doctor as soon as possible. Check up your whole body, elaborate your body symptoms. Doctor may prescribe a combination of blood pressure medication along with lifestyle changes.
- Hypertensive crisis: Systolic(>180) and Diastolic(>110) This is the BP which requires emergency medical attention. You may feel chest pain, shortness of breath, back pain, changes in vision, difficulty on speaking. Wait some times and check again. Take reading again, still the BP is hypertensive crisis stage, visit doctor immediately.